The Visit in the Snowstorm

Monday, February 01, 2016 2 Comments A + a -


Flowers to lift my spirit
On, an otherwise, lonely day
The sadness, I had to bear it
On this cold and snowy day

I brave myself to visit
My teens in juvenile hall
I pass an accident and traffic
It is worth it after all

I visit them together
In one room we share and laugh
In this cold and ugly weather
Our togetherness is enough

Ironic, we have quality time
In this small room where we're timed
One hour we're allowed to visit
It's precious and seem just fine


Nurse Volunteer Certified Critical Care Cardiac Surgery

2 comments

Write comments
Sandee
AUTHOR
February 2, 2016 at 8:55:00 AM MST delete

You're missing your babies something awful. I've been there long ago and I still remember the loneliness.

Have a fabulous day. ☺

Reply
avatar

I would love to read your comments.