Tondo Manila

Sunday, January 31, 2016 16 Comments A + a -

Magpie Tales, life in the city
Art by Adolphe Valette
Topic inspired by Magpie Tales

This village art work really reminds me
Of my grandparents' house in Manila city
I could see people out, be rainy or sunny
Animals roam around, doggies, and kitty

Houses built so close together
Peace and quite time was so rare
To me the streets were just so crowded
 I hated that part, I did not care

I admit I liked a few things though
It was the place that I could go
In college years I got no dough
To rent a place or a bungalow

My grandparents provided yummy snacks
Food just kept coming, no need to ask
I enjoyed the treats after my class
It made some hard days go by and pass

Nurse Volunteer Certified Critical Care Cardiac Surgery

16 comments

Write comments
Kutamun
AUTHOR
January 31, 2016 at 6:13:00 PM MST delete

The fog clears a little on closer inspection !

Reply
avatar
January 31, 2016 at 11:11:00 PM MST delete

Grandparents and food always go together!

Reply
avatar
brudberg
AUTHOR
February 1, 2016 at 3:27:00 AM MST delete

There is a strong sense of past... really like that.

Reply
avatar
February 1, 2016 at 3:40:00 AM MST delete

Like your title..growing up in the Philippines must have been both delightful and difficult.

Reply
avatar
February 1, 2016 at 6:23:00 AM MST delete

I miss some things yet I am glad to be living in the US.

Reply
avatar
February 1, 2016 at 6:24:00 AM MST delete

I miss some things yet I am glad to be living in the US.

Reply
avatar
February 1, 2016 at 12:51:00 PM MST delete

A nice memory...funny how everyone reacts differently to a rainy day.

Reply
avatar
February 1, 2016 at 2:33:00 PM MST delete

It's interesting too how varied the interpretations are or writing based on the same art work.

Reply
avatar
Kathe W.
AUTHOR
February 1, 2016 at 6:50:00 PM MST delete

Lucky you and lucky Grandparents! Nicely done!

Reply
avatar
February 2, 2016 at 10:03:00 AM MST delete

I used to frequent my grandma's house when I was in college. It was a place of refuge where I could always count on a little nurturing when I needed it.

=)

Reply
avatar

I would love to read your comments.