An Easy Way to Motivate Yourself to Fitness

Thursday, January 15, 2015 0 Comments A + a -



Are you feeling lazy to do any type of fitness activity this year?  Do you need a motivation?

If you need a little push and motivation here it is. Check out the app on the right side.  The RunKeeper is holding a 17-day fitness challenge. All you have to do if track your activities between today through January 31 and get in 180 minutes.

Why do I recommend the 17-day fitness challenge?

I have ten reasons why I encourage you to do this challenge.


  1. It is easy.  You can pretty much do a variety of activity with the use of your phone GPS or not.
  2. You can win a price valued at $500.  OK, I don’t know what it is but there is a price.  And for one thing, isn't a price of free motivation good enough?
  3. It is adaptable.  You can apply it to everyday activity like walking your dogs, walking to places . . . 
  4. The challenge is what it is.  It is realistic and does not promise like hot-body-in-30-days.
  5. It can be supportive if you use it to post in your Facebook your ongoing participation to the challenge.
  6. It is doable.  The challenge does not require gym membership, fees, special equipment.  You chose your activity.
  7. It is short.  Seventeen days.  We can do this.   It is long enough but not too short for people like me who can get bored easily. 
  8. It suits anybody’s preferences. Like I said, you chose your fitness activity.  Just track your time with Runkeeper. Heck, you don’t have to run.  You can do yoga, walk, play tennis . . . 
  9. It is not intimidating at all for the rest of us who are busy with work and family. Heck, I like to cook my food, take care of my family, go to work.  I don’t have the time to go to the gym.  But I can make time for at least eleven minutes a day for seventeen days, or eighteen minutes for ten days in seventeen days . . . Fit or not, exercise should be for the most of us.   Insanity exercises are not for everybody. In addition, most of us (admit it) cannot model hot fitness outfits.  We look fine the way we are and we can exercise in our mousy exercise outfits we can find.
  10. It can be fun.  Do the activity that can put smile on your face.  Dance Zumba, salsa . . . What am I saying? I cannot dance.  Do what you want.  Just get moving. Well, even if you pick an activity that is not fun, after your workout, you may get that endorphin rush.

You don’t have an excuse.  So what are you waiting for? Join me.  The challenge ends on January 31, 2015.

Nurse Volunteer Certified Critical Care Cardiac Surgery

I would love to read your comments.