A Day in a Life of a Nurse and a Single Mother With Teens #2

Sunday, January 11, 2015 0 Comments A + a -

What did I do today?

  1. Did my morning ritual, a five minute calming meditation and prayer . . . in the bathroom, sitting on the thrown.  Yes, I’m weird.
  2. Worked extra day, Sunday, on my scheduled day off.  We were busy alright.  The intensive care unit was full.  Unlike the previous day, nobody cried today out of frustration.  It was a decent day.
  3. Walked 11,000 steps in the hospital.  It qualifies as my workout. I said so.
  4. Skipped Sunday service because . . . I worked for twelve hours: 7a.m. to 7:30 p.m.
  5. Visited son for a short time in his new foster home with my daughter.  He looked happy.  I met his foster mother and two small, barking-tail-wagging dogs for the first time, and saw two teens peeking at us.  The boys did not face us. They were just peeking. Funny.

How was your Sunday?

____________________________________________
Stay Healthy in 2015. Get $20.15 off order of $69 + Free Shipping! Code: STAYHVW. Valid 12/26-1/1/15.
If you like this post, get updates.
It's FREE.
Enter your email address:


Nurse Volunteer Certified Critical Care Cardiac Surgery

I would love to read your comments.