A Day in a Life of a Single-Parent with Two Defiant Teens #1

Friday, January 09, 2015 0 Comments A + a -

E
ver wondered how a day of a single parent with two defiant teens look like?  Come and walk through my day with me.  Not many parents live my life.


1. 7 a.m.: Dropped off 15-year old daughter to school, first day of school this year.  She already ditched the first two days.
2. 7:15 a.m.: Back home. E-mailed daughter’s school counselor alerting that daughter is back to school (and no longer a run-away). She can sit down with daughter and go over grades and stuff.

3. 7:16 a.m.: Texted daughter’s volleyball coach that daughter’s back. Coach/mentor can talk to her
4. 7:17 a.m.: Called daughter’s school therapist that daughter is back to school.  She can start therapy.
5. 8:00 a.m.: Got more paperwork ready for son’s foster home (birth certificate, school records, and insurance cards).
6. 9:00 a.m.: Read responses from school about daughter.
7. 10:00 a.m.: Went to Kaiser and get paperwork on medical release for family.  We are switching to Cigna.
8. 11:00 a.m.: Picked up son from juvenile detention to take him to new Foster home for high-risk boys.
9. 11:30 a.m.: Calmed down son in car who almost threw a tantrum over use of my smart phone so he could post in Facebook, “he is free.”  He has not earned phone use so I said, “no.”
10. 12:00 p.m.: Dropped off son to foster home.  I hugged him goodbye, “it will be, okay.” He was as stiff as a board.
11. 2:00 p.m.: Picked up daughter from school.
12. 2:30 p.m.: At carwash with daughter and her boyfriend (I know ... but I have to pick my battles). They washed the van manually out in the cold!  The automatic wash was closed.
13. 3:00 p.m.: Trying to buy wiper (it broke off) from back of van.  I was told I have to get it from the dealer.  
14. 4:00 p.m.: Ate Pho soup with teens.
15. 5:00 p.m.: At Petco, talked to . . . son’s school principal.  He came to me while shopping and asked about my son.  He was there buying some insects.  Either this principal has very good memory or my son left him such a memorable impression . . . hmm.  I told him the story (arrested, Juvenile home, foster home, will be back to school Monday).  He said he will be looking forward to see my son.  (sounds positive)
16. 7:00 p.m.: Called son about the strange meeting with principal at Petco.  He still sounded mad over the no-use of my phone from earlier.  He was watching a movie with his new foster family.
17. 8:00 p.m.: Daughter got back home by curfew, 8 p.m. She was being good.  She even did some homework.  Hurray.

Believe it or not, this is a good day for me.  (Thank you, Lord). How was your day?

_____________________________
Stay Healthy in 2015. Get $20.15 off order of $69 + Free Shipping! Code: STAYHVW. Valid 12/26-1/1/15.
If you like this post, get updates.
It's FREE.
Enter your email address:


Nurse Volunteer Certified Critical Care Cardiac Surgery

I would love to read your comments.