Pray For Us Caregivers, the Sick, and the Injured

Monday, December 08, 2014 0 Comments A + a -

A
s some of us get busy daily routine and with wrapping gifts for loved ones this Advent season, let us pause to prepare for the birth of Jesus Christ, and offer prayers for peace and healing this week, again, for the sick, injured, and caregivers.  Caregivers, hmm . . . that’s me.  The sick . . . my teens can qualify for this.  They have a severe case of teen-itis. (Apparently, it is highly contagious as my daughter picked it up from my son).

prayer, parenting blog, nurse blog

It is Monday again.  We have a new prayer this week. Nurses, and all friends, please help me encourage more people to join in 100 Days of Prayer.



Briefly,

100 Days of Prayer culminates at 1 p.m. on Feb. 11, 2015, World Day of the Sick, when the people who have joined this prayer campaign will stop for one powerful minute of collective prayer for healing.  World Day of the Sick is an annual observance, initiated by Pope John Paul II, coinciding with the feast of Our Lady of Lourdes.

2015 will also mark the 100th anniversary of the founding of the Catholic Health Association.  100 Days of Prayer is the inaugural event of the association's Centennial observance.
 Here is the prayer for the week of Dec. 8, 2014

 For the Sick Poor 

Be gracious to me, Lord, for I am in distress;
affliction is wearing down my eyes,
my throat and my insides.
My life is worn out by sorrow,
and my years by sighing.
My strength fails in my affliction;
my bones are wearing down.
But I trust in you, Lord; I say,
"You are my God."
PSALM 31:10-11, 15

O GOD, DEFENDER OF THE POOR AND OPPRESSED, 


we pray for the sick poor in our midst, whose dignity is often assaulted and who can be so vulnerable — or even forgotten — in being able to get adequate health care. O God, give them comfort in their sickness. Help us to hear their cries and come to their aid. Teach us to see with your eyes their tremendous dignity and to care for them as you care. Let us see in them your face, that through our solidarity with them they may experience your compassion, concern and love. Through the intercession of Our Lady of Lourdes and in the name of your Son, Jesus, and the Holy Spirit, now and forever. AMEN.

My son did not go home but he went to school.  My daughter has not come back since Friday.  Help me pray.

I will pray for you too.

God bless.

Meditate, Get Fit, and Exercise With Fitness Republic


If you like this post, get updates.
It's FREE.
Enter your email address:


Delivered by FeedBurner

Nurse Volunteer Certified Critical Care Cardiac Surgery

I would love to read your comments.