Patient Crashing? Clone Yourself

Saturday, November 15, 2014 0 Comments A + a -



Nurse blog comics hanging blood
Busy hanging blood sale.

What a busy day.  All of us, nurses, ran around busy with patients yesterday.  I was constantly running from room to room following doctor’s orders and keeping my two patients’ blood pressure and bleeding under control.  This is one of those shifts I wish I could clone myself.

What to do when patient is crashing: delegate.

Even though I could not make a clone of myself, I worked with the rock star group who willingly accepted tasks I delegated to them—getting blood from the blood blank and a lot of other nursing task.  Some just went ahead and helped without me asking.  We all do this, right? :)

By the end of the day, I have hung five blood products, ran two pressors to maintain a safe blood pressure, and hang other drips.  I lost track how many.  I have charted them all, though.

I went home and I still have energy remaining to fix a quick dinner for my daughter and I.  She looked like she had been reading the book we ordered online on Algebra book by Danica McKellar. There were no signs of her leaving the house without my permission, and the house does not smell like marijuana or cigarette smoke.  It was a great busy day. 


Check out Zulily for sale items.

Nurse Volunteer Certified Critical Care Cardiac Surgery

I would love to read your comments.