Hardship and Living the Life of Cinderella

Monday, December 01, 2014 0 Comments A + a -

Dreaming Cinderella Asian, self-improvement blog
I totally felt I was Cinderella until . . .





BUZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZ



I squinted my eyes to the noise on my left.  It was the darn alarm clock. 



I opened my eyes wider. I was still in a purple room but in no sparkly blue gown.  Where's the bouquet of flowers? What am I doing in this cluttered room?


There were no flowers.
Hair tangled and all, I got my feet on the ground and walked to see my reflection on the mirror.





Immediately, I felt sad. I am no Cinderella. I am a mom of two teens and two tail-wagging hungry dogs. Call me selfish, but that reality gave a pinch on my chest.


I am not Cinderella. I am just the same old, tired, and broke, Carin-ella. 



It is Tuesday morning and I have to go to work.  A cup of coffee would wake me up and help me face the reality. This is what I got from watching the trailer of Cinderella. Her character got stuck inside of me . . . I am certainly watching this movie on March 2015. At least, for two hours or so, I could be Cinderella.




And then I came across this quote. Have a happy and productive Monday, you all.

Sometimes we're so focused on finding our happy ending we don't learn how to read the signs. . .  [M]aybe your happy ending doesn't include someone else, maybe it's you, on your own, picking up the pieces and starting over, freeing yourself up for something better in the future. Maybe the happy ending is just moving on. --Gigi

Today, I will pick up those pieces. And because it is Monday, I will end this post with a prayer.


The Catholic Health Association (CHA) is celebrating with 100 Days of Prayer. The celebration started on Nov. 3 and will be going through to Feb. 11 of 2015 for the World Day of the Sick.  We are still inviting people to join the prayer campaign and stop for a minute of powerful prayer for those who are sick, injured, and their caregivers.


To join the prayer campaign, visit the website chausa.org/100.  You can submit the first names of the sick or injured people, as well as those who take care of them.  Participants will receive an e-mail every Monday with a unique prayer for reflection.



For Refugees Without Healthcare
GRACIOUS GOD, IN THE SPIRIT OF HOSPITALITY
Here's a prayer for the week of Dec. 1, 2014When an alien resides with you in your land, do not mistreat such a one. You shall treat the alien who resides with you no differently than the natives born among you; you shall love the alien as yourself; for you too were once aliens in the land of Egypt. I, the LORD, am your God.
LEVITICUS 19:33-34
we pray that all refugees who are denied access to health care in this country experience your healing love and protection. Keep them safe as they journey to a new life, one free of persecution and harm. We pray, too, that the hearts and minds of those who oppress and marginalize others be healed and filled with your spirit of love and unity. We ask all this through the intercession of Our Lady of Lourdes and in the name of your Son Jesus, and the Holy Spirit, now and forever. AMEN.


____________________________________________

Meditate, Get Fit, and Exercise With Fitness Republic

If you like this post, get updates.
It's FREE.
Enter your email address:


Delivered by FeedBurner

Nurse Volunteer Certified Critical Care Cardiac Surgery

I would love to read your comments.