Ten Things of Thankful: Light in the Darkness

Saturday, December 13, 2014 0 Comments A + a -

In a very depressed mood, I decided to go out last night.  My poor dogs have not had taken a walk for days.  I had just been taking them out in the backyard.

I felt a tiny bit better after talking to the representative in the Suicide Hotline yesterday. So, outside to the cold, I left to go.  This is what I saw, some Ten Things of Thankfuls.

There is light in the dark.


"We must go ahead and see for ourselves."
- Jacques Cousteau





"Begin at once to live, and count each separate day as a separate life."
- Luctus Annaeus Seneca


"To change is to live . . .
to live is to change . . .
and not to change is to die.
- Teneessee Williams


"We are not yet what we shall be, but we are growing toward it,
the process is not yet finished . . .
- Martin Luther


"In three words, I can sum up
everything I've learned about life:
it goes on.
- Robert Frost


"If we don't change, we don't grow.
If we don't grow,
we are not really living."
- Gail Sheehy


"There will come a time when you believe everything is finished.
That will be the beginning."
- Louis L'Amour


"To improve is to change;
to be perfect is to change often."
- Winston Churchill


"Our greatest glory consists not in never falling,
but in rising every time we fall."
- American Proverb


"Most folks are about as happy as they make up their minds to be."
- Abraham Lincoln


After the evening walk, after seeing the lights and being exposed to the chilly air, I felt some happiness.  The much needed walk made my four-legged kids happy too, of course.

It has been another, and more challenging week, this week. I am still thankful, Lord.

But I do have some requests. Can I have an easier week this following week?

Better yet, can you send my teens back home?

Or should I ask Santa?



____________________________________________
Stay Healthy in 2015. Get $20.15 off order of $69 + Free Shipping! Code: STAYHVW. Valid 12/26-1/1/15.
If you like this post, get updates.
It's FREE.
Enter your email address:


Nurse Volunteer Certified Critical Care Cardiac Surgery

I would love to read your comments.