Training Class and Staying Awake

Tuesday, November 11, 2014 0 Comments A + a -

I
t is my day off today, well, not really.  Although I am not working, I still had to get to work for training related to learning new equipment and workflow in the new hospital.

It lasted five hours without a lunch a break.  That was too long for me.  By one o’clock, my eyes felt so heavy, I could barely keep them open.  It did not help that I forgot my cup of coffee and tea (yes, two drinks) in the first floor.  I came prepared but my forgetfulness was to blame.

Good thing I had food in my bag.  I ate a corn dog.  That worked for a few minutes.  I stayed awake. It was hard to fall asleep while eating.  Then I ate a banana, then an apple.  Then, I ran out of food. Therefore, I took my lip-gloss fruity flavor out.  Too bad, I could not eat it.

Then, the clock turned to 1:30.  Yippee.  The class was over.  I am too old for these hours-long classes.

What do you do to stay awake in class?

Nurse Sleeping in Class

Please support this site. Check out Zulily for sale items.

Nurse Volunteer Certified Critical Care Cardiac Surgery

I would love to read your comments.