Holiday Fitness Plan Day 16: My Fitness Pal Food Logging

Sunday, November 09, 2014 0 Comments A + a -

As I have not been posting my daily food log.  I have been busy (and a little depressed lately from family life).  However, I try to do food log at least three times a week.  It is day sixteen now since I started my Holiday Fitness Plan.  I have not gain weight yet even with my daily snack of chocolate candy left over from Halloween.  Early success, right?  I still like MyFitness Pal and I want to write about it.

What can you do in MyFitnessPal?


  1. Create an individualized plan.  You enter your weight loss goal and the app will calculate your daily calorie recommendations whether you plan to exercise or not.
  2. Log your foods.  Of course.  That’s what it’s for, primarily.  Enter foods using their extensive database of foods and drinks.  You can even add your own food.
  3. Log your activity and exercise.  The app also includes many popular activities, or, again, you can add your own to make individualized activities.
  4. Track your progress.  See my profile below.  I lost seven pounds.  You will see how your food intake and activities work together to help you reach your weight loss goal.
  5. Monitor your nutrients.  Want to see your calories, and intake of carbs, fat, protein, cholesterol, salt, sugar, and fiber?  
  6. See progress reports.  You can watch how your weight has changed over time.
  7. Do all the above for free. Isn't that wonderful?


Food Logging Diet Blog


Please support this site. Check out Zulily for sale items.

Nurse Volunteer Certified Critical Care Cardiac Surgery

I would love to read your comments.